VTBIRD Archives

September 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ken Copenhaver <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 17:54:20 -0400
Join us as we monitor a variety of bird species at Missisquoi National
Wildlife Refuge.

This month's Bird Monitoring Walk will be on Saturday, September 21, 2013
on the Stephen Young Marsh Trail.  Meet at 8:00 AM at the parking lot
located on Tabor Rd approx 1 mile past the refuge Visitor Center.  If you
have any questions, just reply to this email.

Note that this month's walk is part of the Fall Open House presented by
refuge staff and the Friends of Missisquoi NWR.  See the Friends' website
for more information on the Open House:
http://friendsofmissisquoi.org/ai1ec_event/fall-open-house/?instance_id=306

The monthly walks will gather long-term data on the presence of birds,
their abundance, and changes in populations. The information we gather will
be entered into the Vermont e-Bird database where data is stored by the
Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society. These walks
are appropriate for all levels of birders and provide a wonderful
opportunity to learn about birds throughout the seasons. Led by Ken
Copenhaver and Julie Filiberti, Friends of Missisquoi National Wildlife
Refuge members.

After 42 months of walks we have observed 131 species.  Hope to see you
there!

--Ken Copenhaver

For information on other refuge events, visit:
http://friendsofmissisquoi.org/