VTBIRD Archives

September 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Roy Pilcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:59:21 -0400
While driving Greenbush Road, I must have passed the access road to Little Otter Creek WMA dozens of times!  Thanks to Jim Mead's post I decided to check it out today for the very first time and I was pleasantly surprised.

Cheers, Roy Pilcher

Little Otter Creek WMA IBA - Greenbush Rd. Access, Addison, US-VT
Sep 20, 2013 9:25 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Following up on recent postings.  First visit to the area!
27 species

Blue-winged Teal  25     Appeared to be segregated from Green-winged Teal, a
little more scattered.
Northern Shoveler  1
Green-winged Teal  21     Pretty much in a homogeneous group.
Great Blue Heron  3
Turkey Vulture  2
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Common Gallinule  2     Among the lily pads.
Lesser Yellowlegs  2     Among the lily pads.
Least Sandpiper  1     Among the lily pads.
Pectoral Sandpiper  2     Among the lily pads.
Belted Kingfisher  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
American Kestrel  1
Eastern Phoebe  3