Re: Using eBird

Kent McFarland <[log in to unmask]>

Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 15 Jan 2020 16:03:02 -0500

Ken,
I am afraid that every eBird checklist must have four key elements:

   1.

   *Date* (a single calendar date)
   2.

   *Location* (a specific location selected on a map)
   3.

   *Bird species detected* (sometimes 0, sometimes as many as 345
   <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S24475056>)
   4.

   *Observer* (a single observer)

Not having one of these three elements means that the data are not a good
fit for eBird—common examples include no specific location, or sightings
spanning multiple dates. If you know only the country you were in, or if
you have sightings that span multiple days, enter these using the
eBird Life list guidelines (
https://support.ebird.org/support/solutions/articles/48000804866-enter-your-pre-ebird-life-list
)

You can read more about this at