VTBIRD Archives

October 2003

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bryan Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:13:47 -0400
Yeah, we had hawk movement here in Plainfield as well on Sunday. While
sweeping the chimney and watching leaves fall, we had a burst of about 5
Red-tailed Hawks, 1 Rough-legged Hawk, 2 Turkey Vultures and about 60
Canada Geese.

By the way, Ross's Geese continued to show up at the goose viewing area at
Dead Creek Wildlife Management Area in Addison on Saturday. Late in the
day, we located two adult Ross's and one, perhaps two, Ross's Goose-Snow
Goose hybrids.

Bryan Pfeiffer

Vermont Bird Tours
113 Bartlett Road