VTBIRD Archives

March 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 16:51:07 -0400
After leaving home for work this a.m. and driving down Tyson Rd. with
expansive snow covered fields on both sides, I noticed from a distance an
atypically shaped bird standing all alone in the middle of one of the
fields.  It was a Killdeer looking very much out of place.  I'm not
surprised to see one in the area, but with an abundance of wet bare spots
where one is more likely to see Killdeer, this indivdual truly looked lost.
--
Kenneth Cox
South Reading, VT