VTBIRD Archives

September 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
john andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:40:52 -0700
might consider Dunlin.  john

________________________________
 From: Larry and Mona Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 8:41 AM
Subject: [VTBIRD] Help with Sandpiper ID (way off topic)

    We were at Jones Beach on Long Island last week and saw a lot of medium sized sandpipers with black legs, a longish slightly downcurved bill, and dark eye stripe and neck ring.  We can't figure out what we saw.  They looked ploverish but the bill was too long and thin.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/LarryandMona/media/MysterySandpiper_zps2e461dbf.jpg.html
    We realize that this has very little to do with Vermont birds but would appreciate some help.
    Thanks,
        Larry and Mona