VTBIRD Archives

March 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Hilke Breder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:06:09 -0400
For the past week I have been listening and observing a Woodcock not far from my house. In
fact on some nights I have heard the mating calls of three birds. Their flight paths seem to
be overlapping, but no sign of competitive behaviors. I have tried to get a photo, but you have
to catch it at the right moment at dusk before it gets too dark and that's tricky. I also recorded
the song. I posted a report on my blog (http://tinyurl.com/yh3jxe5) with hyperlink to the
recording (http://tinyurl.com/ygho5yr)
Hilke Breder
Brattleboro