VTBIRD Archives

June 2005

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:40:56 -0400
Ruth and Gene Kosche called yesterday to tell me there was a Snowy Egret at Howell's Swamp (campground) in Arlington. They saw it through their telescope - golden slippers and all.
I stopped there around 5:00 and looked at it through a driving curtain of rain.
The water is to the left when you drive in. Park where the buildings begin and look to the far side of the pond.
This is private property and the owners have had some negative experiences with birders so please pull well off the road if you go there.
Bonnie Dundas
Bennington