VTBIRD Archives

January 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Ruth Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:06:57 -0500
I puzzles me that no one has reported Snowy Owls yet other than local people
whom I see in Manchester area.   I had another from an observant
feeder/field birder who saw one two weeks ago in Dorset sitting on a fence
on the edge of his yd area.  Great description of those piercing yellow
eyes, black flecked white feathering and impressive wing span on departure.

The all white raptor with only a red tail was spotted in E. Dorset nearby
the area where reported earlier.

A flock of 100 +/- Canada Geese on nearby pond.  Don't think they can decide
whether it's time to go N or S!!   Lot's of 'conversation' about it though.

Has anyone taken a picture of the Cape May in Rutland coming to peanut
butter feeder.  Wish you would email it to me.

Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset