VTBIRD Archives

October 2003

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Frank Rounds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:24:19 -0500
Great day for raptors moving south. I stepped out in the yard on Bixby Hill in Essex and within 5 minutes had 2 Sharpies and a Peregrine. Decided to try my luck at Colchester Pond, was rewarded with an adult Bald Eagle, several Red Tails and Sharpies, an unidentified falcon- too high & fast- and several TVs. And I think a dark morph Rough Legged..
Also at Colchester Pond and the airspace above;
Snow Geese
Canada Geese
D C Cormorants
Hooded Mergs