VTBIRD Archives

May 2006

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"BUTLER, Bridget" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 08:28:38 -0400
Greetings All!

Just when I'm bummed 'cause I can't get out in the morning...I get a great early evening of birding! Got great, up close looks at the VIRGINIA RAIL at the north end of the pond, just off the side of the road.  I noticed water ripples as I was searching for warblers in the alders and willows, and after adjusting my eyes...nope, not a frog, but the rail. What a delightful bird!  The BROWN THRASHER was perched just below an ORIOLE at the south end of the pond. Anyone know about there ever being an IBA sign at the pond?

Bridget

Bridget Butler
Conservation Education Coordinator
Audubon Vermont
www.vt.audubon.org

Location:     Berlin Pond IBA
Observation date:     5/23/06
Notes:      Observed Baltimore Oriole pair with nesting material & mating displays. Brown Thrasher alone at south end of pond.
Number of species:     23

Canada Goose     6
Virginia Rail     1
Northern Flicker     1