VTBIRD Archives

September 2013

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mike Resch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:30:06 -0400
Spent much of the day birding in Brattleboro and Vernon, VT birding at the Brattleboro treatment plant, the east side of Brattleboro retreat, the fields by the nuke plant substation, the stump dump on Stebbins Road, and Fort Dummer State Park.  Best bird was a Dickcissel at the water tratment plant.  Also had 5 warbler species - 1 Nashville and 1 Tennessee along with numerous Palms, Yellow-rumps and Yellowthroats; and 1 Blue-headed Vireo.  Eight species of sparrows including good numbers of Lincoln's Sparrows was nice.  I just put all the sightings in e-bird - surprisingly e-bird thinks the 4 Indigo Buntings I had are rare.

Mike Resch
www.statebirding.blogspot.com
Pepperell, MA