VTBIRD Archives

March 2010

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Anne Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:41:43 -0500
I too really love the idea of keeping abbreviations to a minimum. This list
is a fabulous way to learn and if I have to keep a downloaded
cross-reference tool next to my computer just to decipher what more advanced
(perhaps) birders are referring to, I am less likely to learn about the
birds themselves rather than their abbreviations. I like keeping the
conversation and learning accessible to all levels of birding enthusiasts.

On another note, I am so happy to witness the return of purple finches and
evening grosbeaks at my feeders (I hadn't seen any all winter) and to have
my morning start yesterday with a red-winged blackbird at my feeder - first
sighting for me this year.

Anne Connor
Calais