VTBIRD Archives

September 2004

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Matthew David Medler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:11:53 -0400
     As I walked out of work yesterday (20 Sept 2004), I heard the
strident "pipit" call of an AMERICAN PIPIT.  I looked up to see first
a single bird flying from a recently-cut cornfield, then another.
And another.  Then a group of ten, followed by a group of twenty.
Altogether, I estimated a loose flock of 50+ pipits.  These birds
flew up from a field that is just south of the Vermont Teddy Bear
parking lot.  Looks like I'll have to check the field more closely
next month, for possible buntings, larks, and longspurs.
     Also, while driving west on Ferry Road in Charlotte, I spotted a
GREATER YELLOWLEGS flying north, near the Waldorf School.

Good birding,
Matt Medler
Charlotte, VT