VTLEPS Archives

October 2011

VTLEPS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Larry Clarfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:06:33 -0400
Got a phone call at the North Branch Nature Center late this week from
someone in Montpelier who found 3 caterpillars feeding on lemon balm in her
yard that she identified as Giant Swallowtails!  Here are a few pictures
that were emailed to me today... she said they didn't weather the storm too
well and that one might already be dead.  As far as I can tell, this is the
northernmost report for this species so far in Vermont... I'll try to get
more details tomorrow,

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6173/6204264323_4f646d3d75_o.jpg
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6165/6204264343_c8b555a858_o.jpg

Best,