VTLEPS Archives

October 2002

VTLEPS@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bryan Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 15:48:53 -0400
I just barely made it through the season finding all three Vanessa species
in Vermont. A Painted Lady (V. cardui) was nectaring in a nice patch of
alfalfa at the Chimney Point Bridge (to NY) in Addison on Saturday.  This
is a fine spot for fall butterflies. Monarchs (we saw four of them in about
30 minutes) cross Lake Champlain here on migration.

So, in a decidedly poor Vanessa year in Vermont, this brings me to a total
of 1 Painted Lady, 1 American Lady (V. virginiensis) and a grand total of 2
Red Admirals (V. atalanta) for the season. Yikes!

Bryan Pfeiffer

Vermont Bird Tours
113 Bartlett Road
Plainfield, VT 05667