VTVEGANDBERRY Archives

April 2021

VTVEGANDBERRY@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Rebecca Maden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rebecca Maden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2021 14:18:20 +0000
Posting for a UVM graduate student who is conducting exciting research on tarping.
Hello all! My name is Eva Kinnebrew and I'm a PhD candidate at UVM studying agriculture, soil, and biodiversity. This summer I'm doing an experiment on tarping to understand how it affects various parts of the ecosystem (soil biodiversity, soil nutrients, crop growth, weeds). One of my treatments is a clear plastic tarp (i.e. for solarization), which people often reuse from hoophouses. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone if this group has pre-used clear plastic (~6 mil) that they no longer need and would be willing to donate or sell to me. I'm looking for around 2250 square feet (which don't need to be in a single piece; eventually the tarps will be cut into 18 ~7x18ft pieces). Let me know! My email is [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Feel free to reach out with questions about the project too.