VTVEGANDBERRY Archives

April 2021

VTVEGANDBERRY@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Mollie Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mollie Wills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2021 15:05:39 -0400
H.218
<https://ruralvermont.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=335e1cb562ff4ed446f2a2bfa&id=aa85f37249&e=3cd5a743df>,
the new raw milk bill that allows for expanded sales for tier two producers
at other farms' CSAs and farmstands, passed out of the Senate Ag Cmte today
with a vote of 4-1-0! The Cmte passed this bill due to the impactful farmer
testimony that was heard and the scores of farmers and constituents who
contacted them on this issue. The bill now heads to a Senate Floor vote
possibly later this week or early next week.

The bill will be read a second and third time on the Senate Floor, and each
time there are opportunities for amendments and debate. * If the bill
passes third reading, it will go into effect and become law on 7/1/21.  *

We are so close to the finish line. We need your help!

*Please contact your Senators and ask them to vote YES on H.218
<https://legislature.vermont.gov/Documents/2022/Docs/BILLS/H-0218/H-0218%20As%20passed%20by%20the%20House%20Official.pdf>,
the raw milk bill, as amended by the Senate Ag Cmte, and ensure we make
this bill law. *
Find your Senators here <https://legislature.vermont.gov/>.

Sample text for contacting Senators:

Dear Senator X,

Please vote YES on H.218, the raw milk bill, as amended by the Senate Ag
Cmte, when it goes to a floor vote. This bill supports farmers of all kinds
and is crucial to our thriving agricultural landscape. Thank you,

NAME, TOWN

Questions? Contact [log in to unmask] Learn more about the bill here
<https://www.ruralvermont.org/from-the-statehouse-blog/2021/3/16/h218-the-raw-milk-expanded-sales-bill-passes-house-ag-cmte-and-heads-to-a-house-floor-vote>.

--

Mollie Wills
Grassroots Organizing Director

*Our 2021 Small Farm Action Day Series
<https://www.ruralvermont.org/events> is here! Join us for crash course
advocacy trainings & legislative meet & greets!*