YOUTHTRACTORSAFETY Archives

February 2014

YOUTHTRACTORSAFETY@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Liz Kenton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Youth Tractor Safety Education <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:02:48 -0500

Hi youth farm and/or safety and health folks,

Attached is a short draft of suggested guidelines from USDOL/National
Council of Agricultural Employers (following last year's withdrawal of
the proposed changes to existing HOSTA youth ag labor laws).

The document invites comments toward a "Model Policy ... that can be
used 'as is' or modified for agricultural company purposes. The
positioning and model policy applies only to hired labor, not immediate
family of farm owners and operators."

Please take a look and share with your networks.

best,
Liz

--
Liz Kenton