The Zoo cluster is still unavailable after this morning's planned down time.
The Computing and Information Technology Technical Support Group has been
working for several hours with IBM to resolve problems that resulted from
applying vendor microcode updates. CIT has no estimate of when Zoo will be
back, but everything is being done to diagnose and correct the problems as
quickly as possible.
- UVM home page - www.uvm.edu.
- Email access. POP, IMAP, or Pine.
- Telnet access to the entire cluster. No applications will be
Some services that _are_ currently available include:
- Usenet news via news.uvm.edu (e.g., uvm.today)
- CIT Web pages http://cit.uvm.edu/
- Listserv distribution and archives http://list.uvm.edu/
- Registrar's Web pages http://giraffe.uvm.edu/
- Sending email with Eudora or Netscape (but not receiving)
> The ZOO UNIX Cluster will be unavailable from 5:30 to 7:00AM on Wednesday,
> February 9, 2000 to upgrade the disk array.
> This will affect all forms of access to the ZOO cluster, most notably:
> - UVM home page - www.uvm.edu.
> - Email access. POP, IMAP, or Pine.
> - Telnet access to the entire cluster. No applications will be
Dean Williams [log in to unmask]
Assistant Director for Client Services 656-1174
Division of Computing & Information Technology FAX 656-0872