SCHOOL-IT March 2000

Re: pretty park virus

Mike Keach <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:43:42 -0500

this should work but its a little more work - from mcafee web site

11) In the event that the trojan was deleted before making the registry
changes, it
                 is still possible to repair the registry. You will need
access to another computer, or
                 at a minimum, access to MS-DOS on the affected system.
Using MS-DOS edit,
                 create a file called UNDO.REG with the following content
(you can cut and paste):

                 REGEDIT4

                 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
                 @="\"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\exefile\CLASSES\exefile\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CLASSES\exefile\shell\open\command]

                 12) Save this file to the Windows folder of the affected
system as the file
                 "UNDO.REG".

                 13) Click on START|RUN and type in UNDO.REG and press
ENTER. The contents of
                 UNDO.REG should be now imported to the registry.At 01:10