UVMFLOWNET Archives

April 2000

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
"Rice, Ken" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:33:24 -0700
We have been doing inter-op carotids for over fifteen years.  We use sterile
saline in the wound and standard non-sterile gel in the probe cover.  We
have not had a single incident of probe cover separation or failure.  I
don't understand the purpose of sterile gel if I am sticking a dirty probe
in the cover with it.

Just my opinion.

Kenn Rice
Eugene, OR