SKIVT-L April 2000, Week 4

Daily Morning Vermont Weather

Wesley's Ski Hut <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:50:03 -0400

993
FPUS51 KBTV 250700
ZFPBTV

ZONE FORECASTS FOR VERMONT AND NORTHERN NEW YORK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
300 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

NYZ028-035-VTZ001-002-005-009-251500-
ADDISON-CHITTENDEN-E ESSEX NY-FRANKLIN VT-GRAND ISLE-NE CLINTON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BURLINGTON...MIDDLEBURY...PLATTSBURGH...
ST. ALBANS
300 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGH IN THE LOWER 50S. NORTH WIND 10 TO 20
MPH.
.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOW AROUND 30. LIGHT NORTH WIND.
.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY WITH INCREASING AFTERNOON CLOUDS. HIGH IN
THE MID TO UPPER 50S.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...INCREASING CLOUDS. LOW 35 TO 40.
.THURSDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGH IN THE 50S.
.FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOW 35 TO 45. HIGH 50 TO
55.

$$

VTZ003-004-006>008-010-251500-
CALEDONIA-ESSEX VT-LAMOILLE-ORANGE-ORLEANS-WASHINGTON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTPELIER...NEWPORT...ST. JOHNSBURY
300 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGH AROUND 50. NORTH WIND 10 TO 20 MPH.
.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOW 25 TO 30. LIGHT NORTH WIND.
.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY WITH INCREASING AFTERNOON CLOUDS. HIGH IN
THE MID 50S.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...INCREASING CLOUDS. LOW IN THE 30S.
.THURSDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGH IN THE 50S.
.FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOW 35 TO 45. HIGH 50 TO
55.

$$

VTZ011-012-251500-
RUTLAND-WINDSOR-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...RUTLAND...SPRINGFIELD
300 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGH 50 TO 55. NORTH WIND 10 TO 20 MPH.
.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOW 30 TO 35. LIGHT WIND.
.WEDNESDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGH IN THE MID 50S.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOW 35 TO 40.
.THURSDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGH IN THE 50S.
.FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOW 35 TO 45. HIGH 50 TO
55.

$$

NYZ026-027-251500-
N FRANKLIN NY-N ST LAWRENCE-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MALONE...MASSENA
300 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

.TODAY...SUNNY. HIGH IN THE LOWER 50S. NORTHEAST WIND 10 TO 15 MPH.
.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOW AROUND 30. LIGHT NORTHEAST WIND.
.WEDNESDAY...SUNNY WITH SOME INCREASING AFTERNOON CLOUDS. HIGH 55 TO
60.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOW IN THE 30S.
.THURSDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGH IN THE 50S.
.FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOW 35 TO 45. HIGH 50 TO
55.

$$

NYZ029>031-034-251500-
S FRANKLIN NY-S ST LAWRENCE-SW CLINTON-W ESSEX NY-
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...LAKE PLACID
300 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

.TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGH AROUND 50. NORTH WIND 10 TO 15 MPH.
.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOW IN THE 20S. LIGHT NORTH WIND.
.WEDNESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY WITH INCREASING AFTERNOON CLOUDS. HIGH
IN THE LOWER TO MID 50S.

.EXTENDED FORECAST...
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...INCREASING CLOUDS. LOW IN THE 30S.
.THURSDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGH AROUND 50.
.FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...CHANCE OF SHOWERS. LOW IN THE 30S. HIGH
AROUND 50.

$$

SLW

   [INLINE]
   _Links - (1) NEW:   [1]FREE SOFTWARE        (2) NEW: Live Radar and
   Graphics [2]http://weather.gov _

FXUS61 KBTV 250602
AFDBTV

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
200 AM EDT TUE APR 25 2000

SAT PIXS...SFC OBS AND MDL DATA LOOK STRANGE TO ME FOR TDY AS
THERE/S NO PCPN OR CLOUDS IN THE FCST. BRIGHT SUNSHINE TDY BUT
THICKNESSES AOB 5400M AND N/NE WND ADVECTING DEWPOINTS IN TEENS/20S
WL PUT SOMEWHAT A CHILL IN THE AIR...PREVENTS ME PUTTING OUT A
BRIGHT SUNSHINE WARNING BUT AN ADVISORY.

SERIOUSLY...OVERALL FLOW STL NORTHERLY WITH A LARGE TROF CARVED
ALG ERN SEABOARD WITH NO IMMEDIATE CHANGE IN SIGHT. SOUTHEAST CUT-
OFF OPENS AND DRIFTS TOWARD FA LTR IN WK. A RATHER COMPLEX PTRN AND
SCENARIO BEYOND MID-WK AS COMBINATION OF NRN STREAM ENERGY DIVING
INTO TROF AND SRN STREAM ENERGY TRY TO RE-POSITION OF UPR LOW.

MEANWHILE AT THE SFC...SE LOW WL STAY WELL OFFSHORE AND NOT AFFECT
FA AND THEN IF UPR LOW FORMS ACRS FA LTR IN WK...NO SFC SYSTEM
SUPPORT BUT RATHER MORE OF INSTABILITY DRIVEN -SHRA THREAT. HWVR...
COME THE WEEKEND...STG S/W (AND SFC REFLECTION) DIVING ACRS CENT US
AND UNDERCUTTING H5 LOW IN NORTHEAST WL LKLY DVLP COASTAL THAT CUD
BRG ABT MORE STEADY/WET EVENT FOR NE CORRIDOR.

IN THE MEANTIME...

CRNT: STL SOME CLDS STACKED ACRS NC/NE VT BUT CLRG HAS TAKEN PLACE.
COOL/DRY NNE WND HV DROPPED TMPS AOB FRZG IN LOCALES WITH DRIER
DPS UPSTREAM STL TO COME. HWVR...WNDS HAVE SLACKENED AND ALLOWING
SFC MOISTURE TO DVLP PATCHY FOG.

SHORT TERM: WTR VAPOR SHWS S/W DIVING IN N FLOW TOWARD FA BUT CONTD
DRY/COOL ADVECTION SHLD PUT SQUELCH TO ANY CU/SC DVLPMNT. BRIGHT SS
TDY SHLD COUNTERBALANCE 60M THICKNESS DROP AND COOL/DRY ADVECTION...
PRVS FCST AND GUIDANCE TMPS LOOK GOOD.

CAROLINA LOW MVG OFFSHORE AND BASICALLY RIDING THE GULF STREAM AWAY
FM FA. H5 TROF AXIS STL ACRS FA AND PSBLY RETROGRADING OR FLIP-
FLOPPING...THUS WITH TRACK OF SFC SYSTEM SE CUD SPILL SOME HIGH CLDS
INTO XTREME SRN ZONES OVRNGT...OTHERWISE CLR AND COLD.

LONGER TERM: UPR LOW REFORMING ARD PA ON WED WITH SVRL VORT SPIKES
ROTATING THRU. AVN IS MOST PESSIMISTIC WITH MORE OF CLOSED AND
NEUTRAL SYSTEM WITH ETA/NGM SOMEWHAT OPEN AND POSITIVE ORIENTED.
PMDHMD SHWS TRENDS TOWARD AVN...BUT STL THINK CLDS/PCPN COVERAGE
OVERDONE AND WL GO WITH OPTIMISTIC SCENARIO.

THICKNESSES ABT 40M HIGHER THAN TDY WITH LACK OF COOL/DRY ADVECTION
AND WITH PLENTY OF SS IN NRN FA SHLD SEE TMPS ABT 5 DEGS WRMR THAN
TDY.

WED NGT AND BEYOND IS STL THE QUESTION. ATTM...STL INCLINED TO
BELIEVE AVN IS OVERDONE WITH PCPN AND GO DRY BUT INCRS CLDS WED NGT
BUT AS H5 LOW LIFTS TOWARD FA WITH SOMEWHAT COLD POOL...CAN SEE
INSTABILITY -SHRA THREAT FOR THU.

XTND: CRNT THINKING IS FRIDAY WL BE TRANSITION DAY AS S/W DIVES ACRS
PLAINS INTO UNDERBELLY OF CLOSED H5 LOW ARD SNE AND SHLD HELP SHIFT
INSTABILITY SOUTH. NRN STREAM S/W DIVES ACRS QUEBEC SAT FOR MORE
-SHRA AND STRENGHTENING MID-ATLANTIC CLSD LOW FOR PSBL WET SCENARIO
SUNDAY. ATTM...WL NOT MAKE ANY CHGS BUT CUD SEE A CHG FORTHCOMING
IN FUTURE PKGS.

WORKS AVBL ARD 230 AM.

.BTV...NONE.

SLW

FXUS61 KBTV 250119
AFDBTV

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
915 PM EDT MON APR 24 2000

CLDS STILL HANGING ON ACRS MCH OF VT WITH BACK EDGE JUST W OF LK
CHMPLN.  A FEW CLDS NNY...OTRW MOCLR.  RUC/18Z MSO SHW DRYING OVRNGT
SO PREV FCST OF CLRG LOOKS GOOD...ALTHO IT WL BE A SLOW PROCESS NE
VT.  TMPS IN THE BALLPARK AND WL NOT MAKE ANY CHGS.

.BTV...NONE.

KJC

FXUS61 KBTV 241938
AFDBTV

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
338 PM EDT MON APR 24 2000

SUNSHINE RETURNS TO THE NORTH COUNTRY. MUCH OF NORTHERN NEW YORK
ENJOYED A MOSTLY SUNNY AFTERNOON BUT THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY EAST WILL
HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW.

LOW PRESSURE IN THE CANADIAN MARITIMES IS MOVING AWAY FROM THE REGION
TONIGHT WITH CLEARING SKIES MOVING IN FROM THE WEST AND NORTH AND
SHOULD REACH EASTERN ZONES LATER TONIGHT.  LOW TEMPERATURES SHOULD
REACH THE 20S IN THE COLDER SPOTS AND 30S ELSEWHERE.

HIGH PRESSURE OVER EASTERN CANADA NOSES SOUTH FOR TUESDAY AND
WEDNESDAY WITH SEASONABLE TEMPERATURES AND MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES.

LOTS OF QUESTIONS IN THE FORECAST BEGIN LATER WED AND INTO THE
EXTENDED. KEPT CONTINUITY WITH CURRENT FORECAST WITH SHOWERS.  JUST
EXTENDED OUT TO SATURDAY WITH THE THREAT OF ANOTHER COLD CUT-OFF LOW
SITUATION AS DEPICTED BY THE AVN.  AVN MOISTURE RETURN WED-THU IS NOT
SEEN ON THE EXTENDED ETA BUT TRACK RECORD OF THIS SPRING WOULD MAKE
YOU BELIEVE IT.  HOWEVER, IF UPPER LOW SHEARS OUT SOUTH AS HINTED
AT BY THE ETA, THEN THE EXTENDED FORECAST WOULD HAVE TO CHANGE FOR
THE BETTER.

.BTV...NONE.

SISSON

     This data is from the [3]IWIN (Interactive Weather Information
   Network)