SKIVT-L Archives

May 2000, Week 1

SKIVT-L@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Geoff Devine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 08:48:17 -0400
> Chuck Jr. says:
>
> Actually, my Toyota 4x4 gets surprisingly lousy gas
> mileage - 19 in the city and 22 on the highway.

I take it all back.  I just assumed that the frugal Yankee
drove something that got 30+ mpg.  Mark's less frooogal than
I thought.  Of course, that Toyota 4x4 will probably run
forever while my Detroit disasters fall apart after 140,000
miles.

> It would not surprise me if you get comparable mileage with
> your mega Super Deluxe Limited Edition GT Super-Bomb SUV.

A leather-clad Mercury Mountaineer V-8 AWD gets 20 mpg doing
the speed limit downhill with a tail wind.  At my more
typical speed limit + 12, I get about 17 mpg.  In the city,
it seems like I measure in gallons per mile.  My 1992 Mazda
Navajo got about 20 mpg on the highway and my 1987 S-10 Blazer
got about 22 mpg.  The trend is not encouraging for the global
warming people.

> Anyway, Geoff, didja' ski at the Evil Empire of McSkiing,
> today?  I would appreciate a report, please.

I got 2 runs in very late in the afternoon.  McSuperstar
is still mostly edge to edge cover with monster bumps.  I'm
off to Whistler on Wednesday where they have more than 1 trail
and the bumps are smaller.  I'll probably grab another run
or two this morning before my noon annual condo meeting.

Geoff