Our Common Ground Calendar of Events

Mary Romary <[log in to unmask]>

Diversity Ambassador <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 6 Jul 2000 08:12:55 -0400

MEMORANDUM

To:             Members of the Divnet List
From:           Rebecca S. Flewelling
Subject:        Our Common Ground Calendar of Events

As UVM continues to evaluate its mission for Building Our Community, it is
apparent how many contributions a variety of groups make in support of the
University's diversity initiative.

I am writing to applaud each of you who thoughtfully present multicultural
programming in the form of cultural celebrations, lecture and film series,
workshops, etc.  These events celebrate diversity and raise awareness about
complex social issues.

One of our tasks for the coming academic year is to present a calendar of
events that address issues of inclusion, multiculturalism and globalism.
The calendar will be made available to all students, academic units, and
offices on campus.  If you would like your event(s) listed on the calendar,
please provide the following information:

EVENT TITLE:
DATE:
TIME:
LOCATION:
DESCRIPTION (we may edit for length):
CONTACT NAME:
PHONE:
EMAIL:
WEBSITE:

Please email your information to Mary Romary, [log in to unmask], or
contact her at the ALANA Student Center, Blundell House, Redstone Campus,
656-7882.

This information will be used on a resource list as well, in an effort to
facilitate a network of organizations who may want to collaborate with each
other.  To that end we will include such events as part of the University's
Common Ground Initiatives.  With this in mind, I invite you to a meeting on
September 29, 2000 where you can meet other organizers and share
information.  The meeting is tentatively scheduled for 8:00 am to 10:00 am
in 427A Waterman Building.

The calendar is scheduled to go out by September 12, 2000.  If you would
like to participate in this community-wide initiative please forward your
information by July 14, 2000 to give us enough time to coordinate the
printing and mailing.

We all learn from each other.  I hope you will continue the good work you
have started and I look forward to meeting you all at the September meeting
and working with you in the future.

Mary A. Romary
The University of Vermont
ALANA Student Center