LISTSERV Archives

APPROACHUVM Home

APPROACHUVM  September 2000

APPROACHUVM September 2000

Re: address list

Darcy Coates <[log in to unmask]>

Lotus Approach at UVM <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:32:58 -0400

Cyndi,

You might try creating a mailing label report using one of Approach's
templates, which can then be customized. You don't have to print these on
labels, and the layout should approximate what you're trying to achieve.
With a mailing label report you can specify how many "labels" fit across
and down each page, and also adjust how much space you have around each
cluster of fields.

What can be tricky is choosing the label template that most closely matches
your selection of fields. You can always start with more fields/lines than
you need and then delete the extraneous formatting in design mode (with
"show data" unchecked under view). That is generally easier than creating
a format from scratch, which can be a headache. Good luck!

Darcy Coates, Museum Registrar, Fleming Museum
ext. 6-0163