LISTSERV Archives

APPROACHUVM Home

APPROACHUVM  September 2000

APPROACHUVM September 2000

Re: address list

Doug Varney <[log in to unmask]>

Lotus Approach at UVM <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:56:41 -0400

Hi there! It has ben too quiet.

If I understand your question correctly, you should be able to create a two
column report with the addressed formated as you wish. To make the report
two-columned Select:

     DESIGN
     REPORT PROPERTIES
     BASICS
     NUMBER OF COLUMNS 2   (or 3 ,4 ...)

If this misses your question you can call me as well.

Doug Varney
61181

At 10:52 AM 9/12/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>It's been so quiet - I thought I'd ask a question. This probably has a
>simple solution but I can't find it : ). I am trying to pull up names and
>addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses into one, two-columned
>address list. I have tried using the report form but it spreads it out
>horizontally. I have tried using the letter form, but I can't find how to
>stop page breaks so they all print consecutively onto one or two pages.
>
>I have done this easily in Wordperfect using Mailmerge. I can't believe
>there's not some simple way to create a customized list in Approach. I want
>it to appear as below:
>
>Mr. John Smith
>123 Main Street
>Essex, VT  05452
>
>802-XXX-XXXX
>jsmith@zoo
>

>Ms. Jane Smith
>123 Denver Ave.
>Burlington, VT 05401
>
>802-XXX-XXXX
>jasmith@zoo
>
>But to have two columns of these addresses. Am I clear enough for you to
>get what I need? Help ASAP much appreciated.
>
>Cyndi Snyder
>Cynthia R. Snyder       [log in to unmask]           VOICE MAIL (802)
>656-8551
>School Research Office,                 NEW FAX (802) 656-2702
>429 Waterman, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont 05405-0160

Doug Varney

University of Vermont
Client Services -CIT
656-1181