SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE Archives

September 2000

SCIENCE-FOR-THE-PEOPLE@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bob Broedel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:24:59 -0400
Hello.
A long time ago, when I was part of Tallahassee SftP, I read
an article in Black Scholar by Sam Anderson. As I remember, the
name of the article was "Science and Black Liberation" (something
like that). Anyway, Tallahassee SftP sponsored him to visit us.
He gave a presentation at Florida State University and at Florida
A&M University. And as a result of his visit we started a project
called "Books for Dominica". We sent hundreds of books to Black
activists in the English speaking country Domonica (Windward
Islands). Sam was a terrific speaker/activist. If anyone can
sponsor/spread the word of his good works, please contact him.
yours,bro

>Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 00:13:37 -0400
>From: "S. E. Anderson" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Bob Broedel <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Where Have You've Been?
>
>Hey Bob!
>
>This is Sam Anderson from Old Westbury College in New York... now
>with Medgar Evers College in Brooklyn, NY.
>
>It's been many years and many struggles since we were together! I
>remember the last time I was doing some sort of interview at FAMU's
>communications dept.
>
>I've been to South Florida several times since I've written Black
>Holocaust For Beginners (Writers & Readers) in 1995. I've been to
>Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and other Black community
>locales in South Florida. As a matter of fact, my wife (Rosemari
>Mealy) will be doing a guest scholar type thing at Florida
>International in the Spring 2001 session. Maybe you can arrange
>something for her up your way?? I am still working on the math and
>science stuff... focusing on hi school and freshman years. I do
>consulting work around that. So, if you know folk in the Tallahassee
>school scene, I can send you a copy of my Providence, RI work as
>a model... or we can a do thing around the Black Holocaust Book.
>
>I Hope to here from you soon> Home: 718.771.3622.
>
>In Struggle,  Sam

Bob Broedel, Engineer                 =    Strike Out ALS !    =
Meteorology / 404 Love Building       = (Lou Gehrig's Disease) =
FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY              = List Owner:            =
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-4520  USA  = ALS INTEREST GROUP     =
TEL: 850-644-6840 (work, answering machine), 850-576-4906 (home)
FAX: 850-644-9642 ATTN:BROEDEL      E-mail: [log in to unmask]
TELEX (AT&T EasyLink): 5106014520 (TALLY-KRAS FL)
24 hour active radio-telephone (hand-held cellular) 850-556-4286