LISTSERV Archives

VBPA Home

VBPA  October 2000

VBPA October 2000

Re: Fwd: Re: questions

Roderick Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Beef Discussion Group <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:12:33 -0400

I am new to the beef business but have been marketing Christmas trees and
Vt. for some time. We have a large advantage in our State in that we have a
large tourist market. This in my opinion is the underlying strength of the
"niche market" and presents a great potential for the direct marketing of
beef and other products. In my experience the folks that visit Vermont like
to buy here, especially Vermont products. Being new to the beef end of
things I lack ideas as to how best to capitalize on this potential but I'm
sure some of the others on the list have good thoughts on this.
Al;so I agree with Monty, we have great grass here. That's one reason I'm
changing from Christmas Trees to beef +. I've been killing and mowing the
stuff for so long and would rather watch it being enjoyed by an appreciative
animal.

Rod Hewitt