Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FSCP-SIG Home

FSCP-SIG  January 2001

FSCP-SIG January 2001

Urgent - Diss. Awards

Howard Kirschenbaum <[log in to unmask]>

Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:22:15 -0500

Hello,
We are really hurting for submissions for our SIG Family-School-Community
Dissertation Award.  Any good submission we receive stands a really good
chance of winning!  Please let your students or colleagues know of this
opportunity.  We will even extend the deadline from January 15 to February 1.

I have pasted the award announcement below.
Thank you!
Howie Kirschenbaum

Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG
2000 Outstanding Dissertation Award

We eagerly solicit nominations for the 2000 Family, School, Community
Partnerships SIG Outstanding Dissertation Award.  The Award is open to
anyone whose dissertation was completed and successfully defended in 2000 or
2001 and whose dissertation topic is clearly related to the interests of the
Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG (e.g., home-school partnerships,
parental involvement, family school relationships).  Dissertation studies
submitted for the Award will be evaluated in accordance with the following
criteria:
 the research is theoretically well-grounded
 the research is methodologically sound and well-executed
 the research findings offer important new knowledge to the field
 the study is well-written, with clarity and incisiveness

The nomination process for the Outstanding Dissertation Award has been
simplified for the year 2000 award.  The nomination packet should include:

1. three copies of the dissertation,

2. one letter of support from a member of AERA who is familiar with the
dissertation research, and

3. a letter from the faculty chair of the dissertation committee, verifying
that the dissertation was successfully defended and fully approved on a
specific date in 2000 or 2001.

Nominations may be submitted by the author or the faculty chair of the
dissertation committee.  Send all materials by first class mail or UPS/Fed
Ex (add "Dewey Hall") to:

Dr. Howard Kirschenbaum
Frontier Professor of School, Family and Community Relations
Warner School of Education
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627

All materials must be received by February 1, 2001.  For any questions about
the award please contact Howie Kirschenbaum by phone (716-275-5077) or email
Howard Kirschenbaum
Frontier Professor of School, Family and Community Relations
Warner Graduate School of Education and Human Development
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627

Phone: 716-275-5077
Email: [log in to unmask]