Have fun with OOP!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shantel Shave" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 7:57 PM
Subject: [Announce] ActivePython 2.1 Release
We are pleased to announce ActivePython 2.1 (build 210), a
of Python 2.1.
ActivePython contains a superset of the functionality available in the
reference distribution of Python. In addition, it has been tested on a
variety of platforms including various variants of Windows 9X, NT and
2000, Red Hat and Debian.
Highlights of ActivePython 2.1:
On all platforms:
* full Python 2.1 support (100% compatible)
* rebuilt package repository including Numeric, PIL, PyXML, etc.
* bundled XML parser and zlib compression library
* interactive win32 module browser
* bundled Tk
* enhanced version of the bundled Pythonwin environment
* upgraded win32 extensions
ActivePython 2.1 also supports all of the new features of Python 2.1,
* "weak references" facility for implementing caches and other
* richer comparison mechanism
* warning framework
* new module documentation extraction facility
* ability to refer to variables from any containing scope.
* unit testing features
* faster line by line file reading
We at ActiveState are proud to provide ActivePython to the Python
ActivePython Technical Lead
Announce mailing list
[log in to unmask]