]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

FSCP-SIG Home

FSCP-SIG  July 2001

FSCP-SIG July 2001

Re: Family, School, Community Partnerships Web Site

Susan Auerbach <[log in to unmask]>

Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG

Sun, 10 Jan 1904 15:19:38 -0800

Sorry, here is the copy of the letter I meant to send in last email:

Dear Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG Members and Friends:

Calling all authors, reviewers, and discussants! This is to remind you that
the August 2 deadline is fast approaching for submissions to the SIG program
for AERA 2002 in New Orleans, "Validity and Value in Educational Research."

Everything will be handled electronically this year, including all
submissions, reviewing, notifications, scheduling, and other correspondence,
at the AERA Proposal Processing Center (www.aera.net/meeting). Individual
proposals should not exceed 2,000 words and multiple presentation proposals
should not exceed 2,600 words (without references); individuals may not be
involved in more than 4 total AERA sessions. Authors will be notified of
acceptance or rejection by mid-November. For more information, including a
tutorial on the electronic submission process, please visit the web site.

If you would like to be considered as a reviewer, discussant, or session
chair for the SIG, please register your interest and information on the web
site as soon as possible before August 2.  Papers and instructions will be
e-mailed to reviewers in mid-August to be reviewed by mid-September.

One way to attract more people to our SIG is to broaden the scope of our
program offerings and expand collaboration with other SIGs and sections. We
encourage you to "think outside the box" for this year's proposals. What
kinds of issues or voices would you like to see featured at our sessions
that may have been less visible in the past? How can we push forward theory
on parent involvement and home-school relations? How do families and
partnerships relate to the pressing issues of the day, from high-stakes
testing to school violence?

We look forward to hearing from you and welcome your suggestions. Please
contact us at the e-mails below.

Mary Ann Burke, Program Chair  [log in to unmask]
Susan Auerbach, Program Co-Chair  [log in to unmask]