LISTSERV Archives

FSCP-SIG Home

FSCP-SIG  August 2001

FSCP-SIG August 2001

Re: Website update

Pam Kay <[log in to unmask]>

Family, School, Community Partnerships SIG

Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:10:53 -0400

TEXT/PLAIN

Beth, I'll try to make this feedback as concise as possible. I think you
are doing a wonderful job with this website...thank you so much!

In regard to the link for Listserv-Discussion Board, I have two thoughts:
The first is that this should be titled "Email Discussion List: FSCP-SIG;"
the second is that the primary link when one clicks on that button should
be to the following URL:
http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=fscp-sig&D=0&F=&H=0&O=T&S=&T=1

As you have it right now, it pops into the archives immediately. If you go
to the site above, you learn about the email list first, then go to the
archives. That would be much clearer, I think.

In answer to your three questions about SIG member lists: 1) I'd rather
see an alphabetical list of members and their institutional affiliations,
with links to their separate questionnaires. Then they can specify whether
they want their email addresses, home addresses, etc., posted. Click on
the name, go to their detailed info. That makes the basic list accessible
even to those who do not have ACrobat. 2) See answer to (1) =;) [In
general, widespread posting of email addresses leads to spamming.]

3)  Should we post a separate list of Officers, committee chairs,
executive committee members, etc.?  Yes, done as suggested above, and
including you as webmaster and me as the FSCP-SIG ListOwner. I don't
appear otherwise, since this is not an official "committee."

4) It would be lovely, but possibly more complex than you would like it to
be right now, to have an alpha list of research interests, under which the
members would again be alpha-listed, again with links to their detailed
pages.

Again, thanks for all your hard work! Pam

Pam Kay         [log in to unmask]           VOICE MAIL (802) 656-8551
School Research Office,         ->   NEW FAX - (802) 656-9416 <-
88 University Heights, Burlington, VT 05405