LISTSERV Archives

CLIMATEACTION Home

CLIMATEACTION  September 2001

CLIMATEACTION September 2001

Board Mtg Change/news/summary notes

Debra Sachs <[log in to unmask]>

Burlington Climate Protection Task Force <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 05:24:01 -0400

Greetings ACA Board Members,

Due to schedule conflicts I propose we change the next ACA BOARD MEETING to
November 1, 2001 at 10:00 a.m. at the CCTA offices. Please let me know ASAP
if Thursday, November 1st if this date and time doesn't work.

I would like to again introduce/welcome Asher Burns-Burg to the ACA.  He is
doing a great job. Many of you have spoken with him and others will be
contacted as he applies his talents to Campaign preparations.

Also a welcome to Maryann Danahy, CCTA and April Smith, ICF, Consulting for
EPA.

Please find attached the 9/6/01 summary notes and an updated member
participant list.  If you don't find your name on the list or errors in the
information, please email Asher at [log in to unmask]

In other news, it has been a very busy month as we prepare to launch the 10%
Challenge Campaign early next year.  Several Board members have been
advancing the planning for the 10% Challenge Campaign.

Areas of focus include organization, administration, marketing and database
development.

I would like to make a special request for assistance from members in three
areas of planning focus: 1) Transportation, 2) Communications/Marketing and
Outreach and 3) Campaign Infrastructure. For transportation, a group of
folks (new and old) have decided to for a committee to revisit the plan and
to help coordinate communications. If you are interested in participating in
any of these working committees, please do not hesitate to contact the lead
staff person.  For communications and campaign infrastructure, Tom, Mary,
David, Asher, and I are developing a work task list.  We may be calling on
you for your assistance.

I am pleased to report that the transportation committee met yesterday and
revisited the Action Plan and proposed TDM measures.  Those present agreed
that we need a communications framework that includes a status on TDM
efforts, and stakeholders progress on selected measures.  We discovered that
a lot is going on and it was time to develop a communications effort to
inform boards including the RPC and MPO.  Christine Forde with assistance
from Asher will be taking the lead on advancing activities in preparation
for the Campaign and beyond.  Anyone with information on a TDM measure
should send a brief paragraph on status to Asher at [log in to unmask]

                Working Committees/Efforts                              Lead
Staff

        1.      Transportation                                  Christine
Forde/Asher Burns-Burg
        2.      Communications/Marketing/Outreach               Mary
Sullivan/Deb Sachs/Asher Burns-Burg/April Smith
        3.      Campaign Infrastructure                         David
Hill/Tom Buckley

Feel free to contact the lead staff person for more information.

Cheers, Deb

 <<9-6-01SummaryNotes.doc>>  <<Members of the Burlington2.doc>>