VTLEPS Archives

May 2002

VTLEPS@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Bryan Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 20:45:36 -0400
On a breakthrough day, Chip Darmstadt and I, spending quality time among
oak and pine at Dead Creek Wildlife Management Area in Addison, noticed:

Spring Azure (Celatrina ladon)
Silvery Blue (Glaucopsyche lydgamus)
Crescent species (2 individuals, probably Phyciodes tharos)
Mourning Cloak (Nymphalis antiopa)
Juvenal's Duskywing (Erynnis juvenalis) in abundance

Elsewhere, near Snake Mountain, we drove by our first Tiger Swallowtail
(Papilio sp.) of the year. Our brief hunt for Juniper Hairstreak
(Callophrys gryneus) failed. But we shall return for that one.

Odonata flying at Dead Creek today included Ishnura verticalis (Eastern
Forktail), Anax junius (Common Green Darner), Plathemis (Libellula) lydia
(Common Whitetail) and a yet-to-be determined female Enallagma species.

Ah, warmth,
Bryan Pfeiffer

Vermont Bird Tours
113 Bartlett Road