VTBIRD Archives

July 2002

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Susan Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 06:10:34 -0700
30 species were tallied at Tinmouth Channel WMA
in Rutland County in a bird outing preceeding
Rutland County Audubon's annual meeting
yesterday.

Birds included green heron, American woodcock,
ruffed grouse, yellow-bellied sapsucker, northern
flicker, red-breasted and white-breasted
nuthatches as well as brown creeper, red-eyed
vireo, blue-headed vireo, swamp sparrow, scarlet
tanager and indigo bunting. Warblers seen and
heard were chestnut-sided warbler, black-throated
blue warbler, black-throated green warbler,
ovenbird and common yellowthroat.

Not bad for a warm day at the end of June.

To date we have listed 75 species since we began
monitoring Tinmouth Channel in April.

Sue Elliott
www.rutlandcountyaudubon.org