Aikido Club

"Brent T. Lyman" <[log in to unmask]>

UVM Aikido Club <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:22:03 -0400

To the members of the UVM Aikido Club,

As of this fall I will be the new UVM Aikido Club president. Greg Sixt handed
the job over because he has a busy schedule this year and felt it was time to
pass the torch.  Greg has agreed to act as treasurer and help the club however
he can.  For my part I would like to describe myself a bit as well as state my
goals for the future of the club and ask a few questions of the members.

I am a new student at UVM.  SGA clubs are new to me, but with a little help I
would like to build the Aikido community on campus over the next year.  I have
been practicing aikido for five years at Aikido of Champlain Valley in
Burlington with Ben Pincus Sensei, including over 2 years of intensive
training.

My goals are to help establish a sincere community of aikidoka(people who
practice aikido) on campus and to expand the availability of club practice on
and off campus.  I would like to see the UVM club grow to about twenty
practicing members.  With a club this size, we would be able to develop a
strong and meaningful practice.  Also I would like to arrange a free shuttle
for classes at the Dojo on Pine st.

Questions For Members-
When would you like to see aikido classes offered?
Is anyone available to help flier or recruit new members?
Any other feedback is welcome.

That's it-
Brent Lyman