Font:

Monospaced Font

LISTSERV Archives

ISOGEOCHEM Home

ISOGEOCHEM  November 2002

ISOGEOCHEM November 2002

AW: [ISOGEOCHEM] Is it normal for a Pfeiffer rotary vane pump to behave this way?

"Dr. Bruno Glaser" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:42:55 +0100

Dear Myles,

I never have seen such a problem before, however, I could imagine that
there is a resistance while filling oil into the pump. Subsequently, when
it is working this resistance seems to get lower explaining the suddenly
increase of oil level. However, I have no idea if Pfeiffer pumps have
internal oil filters or other mechanical parts where such a resistance
could build up. I would consult the maintanance instructions for that.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Bruno

Dr. Bruno Glaser
Institute of Soil Science and Soil Geography
University of Bayreuth
D-95440 Bayreuth
Germany
Phone: ++49-921-552254