UVMFLOWNET Archives

November 2002

UVMFLOWNET@LIST.UVM.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
UVM Flownet <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Kate Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:53:47 -0500
I am in a Canadian hosp., our vascular and echo labs have been part of cardiology , with the same  medical  dir. different tech. dir. and physically next to each other for 6 years.
It works quite well but we seem to come from different hospital cultures and therfore remain distinct and separate

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/25/02 07:46pm >>>
Flownetters,

After many years of working in a dedicated vascular laboratory I am now
faced with the possibility that the vascular laboratory would be combined
with the echocardiography department.
My questio to all of you is how many of you are working in dedicated
vascular laboratories and how many are in a combined services situation?
Does anyone know of any published data or trends for combined services?

I am trying to explore the precedent and the possibilities with an open
mind and objectively weigh the pros and cons but could use the experience
and expertise of those of you who have "been there".

Thank you,

John Jain