SKIVT-L November 2002, Week 1

Re: Requiem for a Nation

Tag Gross <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Nov 2002 21:35:58 -0500

ROFL, this guys political analysis rivals his ski reviews.

Talk about BS, I knew his Ski stuff was full of it but this rant is a joke.

Let's take a look at just the Minnesota rant since it apparently really had
MArc's knickers in a knot.

"And after the memorial service-cum-campaign rally for
Senator Wellfare in Minnesota, nothing satisfies me
more than to see ol' Fritz go down in flames."

How dare anyone judge the appropriateness of that rally that was organized
by Wellstone's sons. They were celebrating a life that was the antithesis of
Trent Lott. He got booed too bad! It's amazing how many people will follow
the lead of that knuckle head Ventura who has obviously been dropped on his
head one too many times.

As far as Fritz going down in flames, it is Minnesotta's loss.
Unfortunately, the voters in Minn. are too stupid to realize that thanks to
a law pushed through by HH, Mondale would have been one of the most senior
members of the senate and would have been able to serve the needs of Minn.
far more efffectively.

"Our own Vice President wasn't permitted to attend..."

Cheney was probably hiding! What color alert was it that night? LOL! Or
perhaps he was busy preparing for the Haliburton depositions. And once again
if the Wellstone family didn't want him there then thats their deciscion.
Not all memorial services are solemn. The best ones are celebrations and
that was what this one was.

The hypocrisy of the Republican party is a joke. They claim to be states
rights oriented and in favor of getting the goverment off our backs and yet
when the people pass a bill legalising the use of medical marijuana who was
right there to threaten doctors and challenege the law? The Bush
administration and Ashcroft. Disgusting. That is just one of hundreds of
examples. The patriot act and homeland security are a direct threat to the
most important element of our national identity:our freedoms!

I'm not a liberal, I belive in common sense. If a poor woman wants an
abortion then lets pay for it now so we don't have to be paying 100,000
times more for the costs incurred with unwanted and neglected children.
That's true conservatism.

I need a license to drive and I need to register my car but the same
shouldn't apply to GUNS! Come on!

How quickly we have forgotten how well getting the goverment off our backs
worked for the savings and loan and the energy business. Hello???!!!!!! I
wonder how much my tax bill could have been reduced if we didn't have to
bail out poorly run and looted companies. Just 2 of the many examples.

A draft dodging AWOL President is going to lead us into what could be a
disastrous war and you all thinks it's great. Amazing. While my city was
burning he was running and hiding. He is a coward! I will never support him
or Cheney. The good news is that there are no more exccuses. YOU have
control now. In 2 years we'll see what your policies have wrought.

"Hey Evil One, that Vermont homegrown must've improved
since I lived there.  What're you smokin', pal?
Shipped some seeds out to the Arizona desert, too, I
see."

The great thing about smoking pot is that it wears off. Stupidity never
does.

Trumbull A. Gross