To all Atlassers: database etc.

Rosalind Renfrew <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:00:13 -0400

VERMONT BREEDING BIRD ATLAS POSTING

Bird Atlassers,

As most of you know, you will eventually be able to enter your data online
via the atlas website. Some of you have asked when this will be up and
running. The latest news is that it won't be ready until the end of July. I
was hoping for sooner, but alas, these things take time and the person
working on it has many other projects to work on as well.

I was hoping also that the listserve would provide an easy way, in future
years, for people who are sharing blocks to be able to update their block
info. as they go, so that their block partners can find out the latest
before they head out to atlas. However, the database is set up in such a
way that this won't be possible. So it looks like the old tried and true
method of calling or emailing each other with updates will be necessary for
block-sharers. I suggest selecting one person to be the warehouse for the
information, so to speak, for the block. But I'm sure you all are smart
enough to figure out a system that works best for you.

We are already within safe dates for many birds of prey, corvids, and
waterfowl....a good time to get comfortable with atlassing methods before
the deluge!

In Birding Geek Solidarity,
Rosalind
Rosalind Renfrew