VTBIRD Archives

April 2003

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Paula Gills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:35:33 -0400
Yesterday we had a woodcock in the late afternoon in a marshy area near
the driveway bathed in sunlight, feeding and rocking.  My guess is that
he had just arrived and so was tired and hungry, thus more than
tolerant of our proximity to him.  We watched him a bit then left so as
not to stress him.  A first, to see one lit up like that--the varied
brown hues of his feathers were stunning.

Paula Gills
Ted Richards
Brookfield

Paula A. Gills, Director, Learning