VTBIRD Archives

April 2003

VTBIRD@LIST.UVM.EDU

From:
Janet L Tebo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vermont Birds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:21:56 -0400
Two pairs of White Throated Sparrows in Monkton (I think they're the same ones
I've had all winter) along with the return of song sparrows.  Juncos are still
present, as well as a dozen goldfinches and the ever hearty chickadees.  But,
the Cardinals and Jays have been chased off by the multitudes of blackbirds, sad
to say.  I did see a wren hopping around the garden the other night, but it was
too fast for me to see which variety.  That tail is always a dead give-away,
though :)

Jan Tebo
Monkton