ISOGEOCHEM May 2003

handbooks ....

Pier De Groot <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 May 2003 08:55:58 +0200

Dear all,

Following the suggestion I received, please find a list of handbook titles I
already collected. Some are marked with:
? p., meaning I do not know the page number. If anybody can fill in that
gap, it will be appreciated.

List of Handbooks reviewing or discussing the use of Stable Isotopes

- - (1991) Stable isotopes in plant nutrition, soil fertility and
environmental studies. IAEA-SM-313/106, Proceedings Series, IAEA, Vienna:
?p.

- - (1993) Isotope techniques in the study of past and current environmental
changes in the hydrosphere and the atmosphere. Proceeding Series, IAEA,
Vienna: 623 p.

- - (1995) Reference and intercomparison materials for stable isotopes of
light elements. IAEA-TECDOC-825, IAEA, Vienna: 165 p.

- - (2001) New approaches for stable isotope ratio measurements. Proceedings
of an Advisory Group Meeting, held in Vienna, 20-23 Sept., 1999.
TECDOC-1247: ? p.

Allen J. (1995) Synthesis and applications of isotopically labelled
compounds. John Wiley & Sons Ltd: ? p. [I am not certain about this title!]

Arthur M.A., Anderson T.F., Kaplan I.R., Veizer J. & Land L.S. (1983) Stable
isotopes in sedimentary geology. Society of Sedimentary Geology, Vol. 10: ?
p.

Attendorn H.-G. & Bowen R.N.C. (1997) Radioactive and stable isotope
geology. Chapman & Hall: 522 p.

Barshick C.M., Duckworth D.C. & Smith D.H. (2000) Inorganic mass
spectrometry. Marcel Dekker: ? p.

Boutton T.W. & Yamasaki S.-I. (1996) Mass spectrometry of soils. Marcel
Dekker Inc.: 517 p.

Bowen R. (1966) Paleotemperature analysis. Elsevier. Methods in geochemistry
and geophysics Vol. 2: 265 p.

Bowen R. (1988) Isotopes in the Earth sciences. Elsevier Applied Science
Publ. Ltd: 647 p.

Bowen R. (1991) Isotopes and climates. Elsevier: 483 p.

Chapman T.E., Berger R., Reijngoud D.J. & Okken A. (1990) Stable isotopes in
pediatric nutritional and metabolic research. Intercept Ltd: ? p.

Chauduri S. & Clauer N. (1992)Isotopic signatures and sedimentary records.
Springer: ? p.

Coleman D.C. & Fry B. (1991) Carbon isotope techniques. Academic Press, San
Diego: 274 p.

Coplen, T.B., Hopple, J.A., Böhlke, J.K., Peiser, H.S., Rieder, S.E.,
Krouse, H.R., Rosman, K.J.R., Ding, T., Vocke, R.D. Jr. Révész, K.M.,
Lamberty, A., Taylor, P.D.P., De Bièvre, P. (2002) Compilation of minimum
and maximum isotope ratios of selected elements in naturally occurring
terrestrial materials and reagents. U.S. Department of the Interior - U.S.
Geological Survey, Reston, Virginia. Water-Resources Investigations Report
01-4222: 98 p.

Council N.R. (1981) Prudent practices for handling hazardous chemicals in
laboratories. National Academic Press, Washington DC, USA: ? p.

Craig H., Miller G.J. &Wasserburg G.J. (1964) Isotopic cosmic chemistry.
Dedicated to H.C. Urey on his seventieth birthday. North Holland Publ. Co.:
? p.

De Laeter J.R. (2001) Applications of inorganic mass spectrometry. John
Wiley & Sons, New York: ? p.

Ding T., Jiang S., Was D., Li Y., Li J., Song H., Liu Z. & Yao X. (1996)
Silicon isotope geochemistry. Geological Publishing House, Beijing, China:
125 p.

Ehleringer J. R., Hall A. E. & Farquhar G. D. (1993) Stable isotopes and
plant carbon-water relations. Academic Press, San Diego: 555p.

Faure G. (1986) Principles of isotope geology. Wiley & Sons, 2nd edition:
589 p.

Frenzel B. (1995)Problems of stable isotopes in tree-rings, lake sediments
and peat-bogs as climatic evidence for the Holocene. Gustav Fischer Verlag:
? p.

Friedman I. & O’Neil J.R. (1977) Dato of geochemistry. Chapter KK.
Compilation of stable isotope fractionation factors of geochemical interest.
U. S. Geol. Survey, Prof. Paper 440-KK.

Gat J.R. & Gonfiantini R. (1981) Stable isotope hydrology, deuterium and
oxygen-18 in the water cycle. IAEA-TECDOC-210, IAEA, Vienna: ? p.

Griffiths H. (1998) Stable isotopes: Integration of biological ecological
and geochemical processes. Bios Scientific Publishers, Oxford, UK: 438 p.

Hassan A. A. (1982) Methodologies for extraction of dissolved inorganic
carbon for stable carbon isotope studies evaluation and alternatives. U. S.
Geol. Survey, Water Resour. Invest. Report No. 82-6: 51p.

Heys J.R. & Melillo, D.G. (1998) Synthesis and applications of isotopes and
isotopically labeled compounds. John Wiley& Sons, Chichester, UK: ? p.

Hoefs J. (1980) Stable Isotope Geochemistry. Springer-Verlag. 2nd edition: ?
p.

Hoefs J. (1987) Stable Isotope Geochemistry. Monograph Series of Theoretical
and Experimental Studies 9, Springer-Verlag. 3nd edition: 241 p.

Hoefs J. (1997) Stable isotope geochemistry. Springer-Verlag, 4th completely
revised, updated, and enlarged edition: 201 p.

Jarvis K. E., Gray A. L. & Houk R. S. (1992) Handbook of inductively coupled
plasma mass spectrometry. Blackie and Son - Chapman and Hall (USA): 380 p.

Jäger E. & Hünziker J.C. (1979) Stable isotope geochemistry of rocks and
minerals. Lectures in isotope geology. Springer Verlag: ? p.

Jensen, M.L. (1962) Biogeochemistry of sulfur isotopes. Yale University, New
Haven, Connecticut, USA. Nat. Sci. Found. Symp. Vol.: ? p.

Karasek F. W. & Clement R. E. (1988) Basic gas chromatography - mass
spectrometry. Elsevier, Amsterdam: ? p.

Kaye J. (1992) Isotope effects in gas phase chemistry. American Chemical
Society, Washington DC, USA: ? p.

Kiser R. W. (1965) Introduction to mass spectrometry and its applications.
Prentice Hall, NY: ? p.

Knowles R. & Blackburn H. T. (1993) Nitrogen isotope techniques. Academic
Press Inc., San Diego: ? p.

Kyser T.K. (1987) Stable isotope geochemistry of low temperature fluids.
Mineral Association of Canada. Short Course Handbook, Vol. 13: 452 p.

Lajtha K. & Michener R. H. (1994) Stable isotopes in ecology and
environmental science, methods in ecology. Blackwell Scientific
Publications, Oxford, UK: 316 p.

McKibben M. A., Shanks W. C. I. & Ridley W.I. (1998) Applications of
microanalytical techniques to understanding mineralizing processes. Society
of Economic Geologists, Reviews in economic geology, Vol. 7: 263 p.

Melander L. & Saunders W. (1980) Reaction rates of isotopic molecules. J.
Wiley-Interscience: ? p.

Platzner I. T., Habfast K., Walder A. J. & Goetz A. (1997) Modern isotope
ratio mass spectrometry. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, West Sussex, UK: 514
p.

Rundel P.W., Ehleringer J.R. & Nagy K.A. (1989) Stable isotopes in
ecological research. Ecological studies: Analysis and Synthesis, 68.
Springer Verlag, New York: ? p.

Shanks W.C III & Criss R.E. (1989) New frontiers in stable isotopic
research: Laser probes, Ion probes, and small-sample analysis. U. S. Geol.
Survey, Bull. 1890: 174 p.

Swart P.K., Lohmann K.C., McKenzie J. & Savin S. (1993) Climate Change in
Continental Isotopic Records. Am. Geophys. Union, Monograph 78: ? p.

Taylor H.P. Jr., O’Neil J.R. & Kaplan, I.R. (1991) Stable isotope
geochemistry: A tribute to Samuel Epstein. The Geochemical Society. Special
Publication No. 3: 504 p.

Unkovich, M, Pate, J, McNeill, A and Gibbs, J (2001) Stable isotope
techniques in the study of biological processes and functioning of
ecosystems. Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht: ? p.

Valley J.W., Taylor H.P. Jr. & O’Neil J.R. (1986) Stable isotopes in high
temperature geological processes. Mineralogical Society of America. Reviews
in Mineralogy, Vol. 16: 570 p.

Wolfe R. R. (1992) Radioactive and stable isotope tracers in biomedicine.
Wiley-Liss Inc: ? p.

Dr. Pier A. de Groot
European Commission
Joint Research Centre
Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (IRMM)
Retieseweg
2440 Geel
Belgium
Tel. +32 (0)14 571 628
Fax +32 (0)14 571 863
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Visit my WEB-site about my “Handbook of Stable Isotope
Analytical Techniques” at:
http://users.pandora.be/handbook/index.html
last update: 9 March, 2003.