JOBS Archives

May 2003


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Olga Pschorr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jump on Board for Success <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 May 2003 15:08:20 -0400
text/plain (26 lines)
Hi Krista,
My understanding is that an individual does not have to be on SSI, but does need to be determined disabled by social security, in order to qualify for Medicaid for the working disabled.  I spoke to Richard Giddings by e-mail about this and if we're on the same page I think the recommendation would be to see if the SRS stipend or transitional service monies could pay rent directly to landlord so that this money would not count towards this individual's income (766.00 Medicaid income guideline).  Does this make sense?  Is this doable?
Richard, let us know if any of this is incorrect- in particular, the first sentence.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Krista LaFemina [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 11:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Medicaid

Hi Everyone,

It's Krista from Rutland JOBS again.  Thanks to all of you who responded to
my original email.  I had contacted the Benefits counselor who was the one
who informed me about the situation, some of my kids are in.  Unfortunatly
for some of the kids, I don't think they qualify for the "Medicaid for the
working Disabled" (does this mean they need to be on SSI?).

I will keep you all posted if I come up with any solutions, and hope that
you will do the same as well.