JOBS Archives

May 2003


Options: Use Monospaced Font
Show Text Part by Default
Show All Mail Headers

Message: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Topic: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]
Author: [<< First] [< Prev] [Next >] [Last >>]

Print Reply
Alydia Payette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jump on Board for Success <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 May 2003 11:36:10 -0400
text/plain (28 lines)
To be eligible for Medicaid for Employed People with Disabilities (MEPD) (PATH changed the name of the program) the person needs to be found disabled by DDS and have a job. DDS can make a decision for Medicaid purposes only which is a bit easier to qualify for than the decision for SSA programs. You can get the forms for the Medicaid disability decision at PATH. Ask specifically for the forms for a "Medicaid disability decision". You need to complete the Medicaid application and the Medicaid Disability form and send them to the District PATH office or HAEU. As far as the employment there is not a requirement on the amount of hours the person is working, only that they are employed and receiving money. It could also be self employment.
Hope this helps.
Lead Benefits Counselor (North)

-----Original Message-----
From: Krista LaFemina [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 11:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Medicaid

Hi Everyone,

It's Krista from Rutland JOBS again.  Thanks to all of you who responded to
my original email.  I had contacted the Benefits counselor who was the one
who informed me about the situation, some of my kids are in.  Unfortunatly
for some of the kids, I don't think they qualify for the "Medicaid for the
working Disabled" (does this mean they need to be on SSI?).

I will keep you all posted if I come up with any solutions, and hope that
you will do the same as well.