SCHOOL-IT May 2003

FW: June 11 workshop in VT Please post

Bill Romond <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 May 2003 08:21:22 -0400

FYI to all......

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan-St.John Schofield [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Subject: FW: June 11 workshop in VT Please post

>> Apple Spring Tech Update Seminar
>>
>> You are cordially invited to attend the K-12 Apple Technology Update on
June
>> 11, 2003 in Montpelier, Vermont at the Capital Plaza Hotel and Conference
>> Center. The seminar starts promptly at 9:00 a.m. and run until 2:30 p.m.
>>
>> June 11. 2003
>> Capital Plaza Hotel and Conference Center
>> 100 Main Street
>> Montpelier, VT
>> 802-223-5252

>> To REGISTER via the Web, please enter the following URL:
>>
>> http://nek12.info.apple.com
>>
>> Agenda
>>
>> Welcome
>>
>> Apple Product Update and Announcements
>> This session will focus on new Apple hardware and software products from
>> Apple Computer.
>> (Presented by Dan DelVecchio, Apple K12 Systems Engineer)
>>
>> All Things X
>>  Every day there are new or updated applications and
>> utilities being released for Mac OS X.  This session will focus on a
>> few we think you will find helpful in your schools.
>> (Presented by Bob Trikakis, Apple Market Development Executive)
>>
>> XServe RAID:
>> This session is designed to give you an overview of RAID  technology and
an
>> introduction to Apple's first hardware based RAID  product.   If you have
>> been considering a RAID solution you will  excited by the Apple Xserve
RAID
>> product.  It can hold up to 14  hot-swappable drives, for a total of 2.52
>> terabytes of data in a  rack-optimized storage enclosure.
>> (Presented by Dan DelVecchio, Apple K12 Systems Engineer)
>>
>> Tip of Day:  You'll just have to wait and see what Bob has planned for
>> us  this time!(Presented by Bob Trikakis, Apple Market Development
Executive)

>> Apple Biz Update and Q&A:
>> The Apple regional K12 Education Manager will join us to provide an
update on
>> Apple's corporate directions, and listen to your input so that Apple can
>> better serve your schools  technology & curriculum needs.
>> (Presented by Steve Johnson
>> Lunch
>>
>> Apple iLife Applications for the Classroom
>>
>> Safari: Turbo browser for MacOS X
>> Safari offers you a superior Web experience with outstanding performance.
>> Even the most complex of pages load at breakneck speed. In fact, Safari
loads
>> pages more quickly than any other Mac Web browser. But thatΉs not all.
Safari
>> uses the advanced interface technologies underlying Mac OS X to offer you
an
>> all-new view of the Web, one thatΉs much easier to use . this session
will
>> take you on a guided tour through Safari
>>
>> Presenting with Keynote
>> Keynote, AppleΉs new presentation software that makes it a snap to create
>> compelling presentations with lasting impact. You can import existing
>> PowerPoint, PDF, AppleWorks, QuickTime, and other media files into
Keynote,
>> making it the shortest distance between your lesson plans and a dynamic
>> classroom experience. Keynote puts the ease of use back into
presentations.

>> iLife: iMovie 3, iPhoto 2, iTunes 4 and iDVD 2
>> See what happens when you take four best-of-breed multimedia applications
‹
>> iTunes for managing music, iPhoto for digital photography, iMovie for
editing
>> digital video and iDVD for creating your own DVDs ‹ and integrate them so
>> that they work together seamlessly. Suddenly, it all connects. See how
these
>> amazing applications can work seamlessly together.
>>
>> Raffle and Closing - Must be present to win

----
>> Schedule:
>> 8:30-9:00 am - Registration
>> 9:00-3:30 pm - Presentation and Demonstrations
>>
>> To REGISTER via the Web, please enter the following URL:
>> http://nek12.info.apple.com
>>
>> Driving Directions
>> The Capital Plaza Hotel is located on Main Street in Montpelier Take Exit
8
>> off of Interstate 89 and follow the signs to downtown Montpelier.. US
Routes
>> 2, 12 and 302 also provide easy access to downtown Montpelier..

Bryan-St.John Schofield
• Apple Education Solutions Consultant AAEA/APP
Educational Technologies Services/ Elkco Corp.
Office 802.758.2766
Toll Free 866.858.2766
Fax    802.758.2768
Cell 802.734.7754

"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a
fire." - William Butler Yeats

Switch . er   N
1. an individual who has suddenly awakened from a deep dark PC coma.

For the latest on Apple technology
for education, please visit:
http://www.apple.com/education/
Other informative Apple sites: