LISTSERV Archives

OAKLEDGE Home

OAKLEDGE  August 2003

OAKLEDGE August 2003

Free Press

Paul Bierman <[log in to unmask]>

Community Service at Oak Ledge Park <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:53:21 -0400

Hi gang....

Well, finally got a moment to reflect on the weekend.

It was great.  Chris, Nicole and Juan were there as well as Helen and
Claire.  We have over 100 and probably over 150 people come by.
Fantastic news coverage and we got lots of new images which will soon
find their way onto the web site.

On Thursday, I'm giving a tour at 530 for the Shelburne Farms
tourguides...please join us if you are in town.

We have a couple outstanding projects to finish up before we can do
more final sign drafts.  Who wants to help out?  Here they are!

1.  Oral history with several elderly residents who came by the history
day.
2.  Exhaustive search and xerox of free press articles (Tyler, still
interested?); try letters to the editor the week after the fire.
3.  Examination of Vt historical society archives in Barre.
4.  Visit to Basin Harbor Club
5.  Check of city council transcripts for the time near the sale as a
park (1970/1971).

Hope that you all are enjoying the end of summer.  I'm off in a week
for vacation in Minnesota but Eric Butler will be doing lots of work
over the next few weeks and might be able to work with you on some of
the tasks listed above.  I've added him to the list.  He is Eric Butler

You all deserve a BIG pat on the back for the work you did this summer.
  People on Sunday were impressed, big time.