LISTSERV Archives

OAKLEDGE Home

OAKLEDGE  August 2003

OAKLEDGE August 2003

Re: Free Press

Carina Driscoll <[log in to unmask]>

Community Service at Oak Ledge Park <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 06:05:21 -0700

Hi everybody -

I was there as well.  It was great to see all the work
you did be enjoyed and appreciated by so many people.
I think the number of people that came through was
closer to 200.

Nancy Cathcart (Community Service Learning) and Jean
Olsen (GIV Director) came by too.  Also making
appearances:  Congressman Bernie Sanders; Wayne Gross,
the director of Parks and Recreation; Bill Keogh, an
interested City Councilor; not to mention lots of
other people who shared their historical perspectives.

Your work has really turned into something that is
giving back to the community.  If you are all still
excited about it and we get those signs installed,
your research will really give back for years to come.
 The history of Oakledge will no longer be a great
mystery!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

-Carina

--- Helen Overeynder <[log in to unmask]>