I may have already sent a copy of this but better safe than sorry:
Unfortunately, a Virus has been passed to me through an Address book. A
Virus which also infected my Address book. Since you are in my Address
book, you will probably find it in your computer, too. The Viurs
called..."jdbg.exe" is not detected by NOrton or Mcaffee Anti Virussystems.
The Virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the systems. It is sent
automatically by 'messenger' and by address book, whether or not you sent
E-mail to your contacts. Basically that means you will pass it along
unknowingly, as I did. I was sent this E-mail and am now passing it on to
you as to how to check for the virus. Please do this!! It is very simple to
do and takes about 3 min. to do.
1. Go to Start, then click your Find or Search option.
2. In the option type the name "jdbgmgr.exe"
3. Be sure to Search your C drive and the sub folders and any other Drives
you may have.
4. Click "Find" now.
5. The Virus has a Teddy bear icon with the name 'jdbgmgr.exe' DO NOT OPEN
6. Go to Edit on the menu bar and choose 'select all' to highlight the
file..Without opening it!
7. Now go to File on the Menu bar and slect 'Delete'. It will then go to
the Recycle bin. If you find the Virus you must contact all the people in
your Address book so that they may eradicate the Virus from there own
To do this:
1. Open a new E-mail message.
2. Click the icon Address book next to 'To'
3. Highlight every name and add to "BCC"
4. Copy this message and paste to E-mail. This will affect everyone in your
Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!